Sunday, July 29, 2007

Another saying, saying nothing, but seeing something

Yes, so I fully admit(ted) that there were going to be distractions - distractions from the bit of writing I envisioned I would do this week (or, rather, I would have "liked to do" this week), writing destined for this blogspace. That is, I'm back in SF - I've been back for a week now - and I knew there was a good possibility that I would not be updating this blog as much as I would like from the get-go (or, at least, in the same frequency as before I left on sabbatical). And I said this much in my last entry (or two). Was I just hedging my bets (and catering to my lazyman tendencies)?

Frig. Yeah. I guess..

But yeah, it's been waaay too long to have a "proper" excuse. I've - for sure - have had some time to start "processing" the random and, often, disparate events from the past could of weeks: adventures in Utah, NYC, St. Petersburg, Moscow and Kyrgyzstan. It's even gotten to the point where I've been asked - en vivo - "what's up?" - maybe, simply, as conversation filler - on several occasions this week (I fully acknowledge that possibility).

Regardless of any outside intentions of inquisition, I'll ask myself: yeah.. what's up (with that writing you were planning on doing), (yo)?

And to that, I need to say: One.. more.. day.. (or two)..

In the meantime, what I can give is direction to check out my flickr site (http://www.flickr.com/photos/eheaton/), where I've uploaded all the photos from my trip. While they don't *exactly* do the time justice - at least not without live commentary - they are a start. In particular, check these sets:

1. BOSS Field Course J-65 2007
2. Russian Massive June 2007
3. Traveling Kyrgyzstan July 2007

And, umm, talk soon?

No comments: