Tuesday, July 17, 2007

There will be distractions, and yet postings will flow!

Well, I'm back and I'm back, and, well, really, I'm *almost* back. (It depends on your perspective.)

That is, I arrived in NYC last night after hours and hours and hours of traveling (more than a literal 24 hours, I guess) from Kyrgyzstan (et. al.) - and it all seemed quite normal and go'd-with-the-flow throughout: First I was there. And then there; it is another place to be and do. And another.. so, now, I'm here, being and doing still more. And more and more. "Finally", now - at 3:00pm EST - awake (again), if not a bit disoriented, another time and place (in every senses of those words - ha!) upon me.. and, well, starting to settle (readjust?) back into "stability"; I'm drinking some tea.

I show up places and do things.
I show up places and do things?
Again, I guess; and I guess I do (in a good way!).

There is a black Moleskine journal across the table, so full; the first entry is dated from May 26th (2007, thank you very much) or so, and the most recent is from "yesterday" (whatever that meant at the time); the latter is a picture. But most of the rest is words, and words and more words; words I'd like to (and will) read over and (maybe) obsess about, given no other distractions (although I imagine distraction; I plan to assist in my arrival at distraction).

I'd like to use those words as inspiration - ha! - for remembering specific incidents and funtimes, but moreso for musing a bit about themes and feelings and thoughtlines that emerged - or will emerge, in retrospect - over my last couple of untethered weeks out of SF (and, more importantly, outside of my "normal" life). Blog posts will follow. haha.

In the meantime, let me just say that - wow, what disparate adventures to consider! - while there were ups and downs, physically, culturally, and - perhaps, most memorably - emotionally, the overall time was awesome (to put it simply, yet accurately).

Also: fuck yeah! (ahem) That is, again, to put it simply, yet accurately. haha. Good stuff; stay tuned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris, I hope you made it to Istanbul safely; we rocked Russia and Kyrgyzstan. And we - as discussed - have, now, a higher standard for interactions with future drunks in our life (ex. they better bring - at least! - their own loshad, mutherfucker). hahaha. And the rest of you, I hope to see soon (loshad or not)..

No comments: