Monday, February 23, 2009

Ура! for Spilled Pants

Looks like you're talking to a college dropout. (Yeah -- another one.)

Last week, I dropped the Russian Culture class (en anglais) I was taking at CCSF; I had missed two weeks in a row due to some work commitments and just wasn't interested enough in the subject to bust my ass to catch up. I mean, the class -- while taught by an awesome teacher -- was always just a stand-in for my desire to take a Russian *language* class this semester (i.e. one that was, sadly, not offered on the night school schedule).

In any case, I made a deal with myself to spend this newly-freed time in the week studying Russian again. So, I've been going back to my old Russian textbooks (with online videos), my ripped Russian CDs on the ol' iPod, my memories of Чебурашка, and otherwise trying to surround myself with the language.

Beyond those more, um, scholarly methods, I lucked out this past week and happened across a music blog written in both English and Russian; so, I can study *while* still deep in the blogosphere, searching for new shizz:

Spilled Pants.
http://myspilledpants.blogspot.com/

Even if you have no interest in the русский язык, this site posts some great (dancey) stuff on a fairly regular basis; and his Blogroll is handy: see the latest updates from Discobelle, Trash Menagerie, and other like-minded blogs, all in one place.

Ура!

2 comments:

TZ said...

Thanx man! I'll try to make my best...

xxx

Eric said...

Классно!