Sunday, September 28, 2008

Askin' fo' tha Jams -- rhetorically, natch

Back from a daytrip to Mt. Diablo, drinking some tea (more on that later), and planning the upcoming (social) week; why not tune the ol' tube to MTV Jams?

Good question, huh?

I think I'm going to be asking it -- rhetorically, natch -- a lot more often.

You see, I *happened* upon this blast-from-the-past while dialing down, down.. down low on the Comcast television guide tonight; and I ended up at the "MTVJ" channel. Who knew there was such a channel? It's classic MTV -- music videos all day, all the time: "The words and sounds of music's brightest stars mesh with flashy images in a block of videos." True 'dat.

In any case, here's just a small sample of what's going down on MTVJ on your average Sunday night; judge fo'yoself:

Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - Girls Ain't Nothin But Trouble (video)

Fergie feat. Ludacris - Glamorous (video)

Sheila E - Glamorous Life (video)

T.I. - Whatever You Like (video)

Notorious B.I.G. - One More Chance (video)

T.I. - What Up, What's Haapin' (video)

Q-Tip - Gettin Up (video)

De La Soul - Breakadawn (video)

Kanye West - Homecoming (video)

While it still ain't my toptop music genre (damn you Frenchelectrohouse!!), for sure, I've been listening to a lot more hiphop and R&B (video) lately; and, so, if you want to hang -- um, intellectronically -- with me you need to be versed in the ways of the (MTV) Jams. ;)

Jams!

No comments: