Thursday, October 2, 2008

I remember the sounds of Souvlaki washing over me

Not sure what-the-hey, but one of my posts got lost in the digital shuffle a couple of weeks ago and dropped off the blog. So, if you were looking for The Twelves Became Sixteen download or tracklist at http://notaperfectprocedure.blogspot.com/2008/09/twelves-became-sixteen.html and got a "Page not found" error from blogger, I apologize.

I've reposted it, basically good-as-new, at:

http://notaperfectprocedure.blogspot.com/2008/09/twelves-became-sixteen_05.html

Yeah, so, if this new page evaporates, well, that would be silly. Silly, I say!

~~~~~~

In other music news, a friend pointed me to Discodust's coverage of Memory Cassette, a project putting out some quality bedroom-disco-electronica.. yes, recursive reverb, lovely buzz, and breathy vocals in full effect. The overall vibe of the music brings back memories of my obsession back in the day for those heavy-hitters of the shoegaze scene, Slowdive and My Bloody Valentine (and, later, the Lost in Translation soundtrack). Yes, there is that element here; and it's good stuff.

In any case, check out the Disco Dust blog and download some tracks here.

Yes, I think this just might be inspiration/fodder for the next mix..

No comments: