Friday, September 5, 2008

The Twelves Became Sixteen

This new Hotwell mix -- by yours truly -- is a collection of some really fresh, really fun music; it's the sort of music that I've listening to a lot lately. May I present, "The Twelves Became Sixteen"; download it here.

Note: Download taken down; let me know if you want it!

Tracklist:

01. Electric Feel - MGMT (video)
02. A Sudden Rush - Erlend Øye (video)
03. Somebody, Somewhere (Lifelike Remix) - Cazals (blog)
04. Works for Me - The Twelves (blog)
05. Ambient Room (SymbolOne Remix) - DVAS (blog)
06. Icarus (Lifelike Remix) - Ledge (blog)
07. Epic Last Song (Lifelike Remix) - Does It Offend You, Yeah? (blog)
08. Nightdrive With You (GRUM's New Wave Remix) - Anoraak (blog)
09. This Boy's In Love (Lifelike Remix) - The Presets (blog)
10. Sometimes (Computer Club Edit) - Les Rhythmes Digitales (blog)
11. Countdown (Designer Drugs Remix) - Jupiter One (blog)
12. I'm Good I'm Gone (Fred Falke Remix) - Lykke Li (blog)
13. I'm Not Gonna Teach Your BF How to Dance (The Twelves Remix) - Black Kids (blog)
14. Colours (Fred Falke Remix) - Hot Chip (blog)
15. Walking on a Dream - Empire of the Sun (video)
16. Hold On - Wilson Phillips (video)

The working title of this mix was "Cage Redux" -- because I wanted to base the overall vibe/sound around the Fred Falke Remix of Golden Cage (a song featured in my last mix)..

You'll note, though, that I didn't leave Golden Cage on the final mix. But no matter for the end-product.. that ethereal Frenchhouse vibe, embodied by producers like Falke, Lifelike and The Twelves, is well represented. *Very* well represented. Yeah, so let me know what you think; and believe that this aural device is eminently-danceable (so get on and dance!).

In any case, I need to mail this mix out to the ol' "mix CD club" tomorrow.. a few days late -- yeah, we have deadlines! -- so hopefully it makes it over to the, um, Ohio headquarters in time to be included in the next cycle. People gotta hear this!! haha.

Also, if you're interested in your own, physical, copy, let me know and I'll see what I can do..

~~~~~~~

ps. I'll fill out links to some of the songs above over the weekend!

No comments: