Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It was time for a diet

Now I know I've always said I try to limit the amount of "gear" I have around, but every once in awhile I feel the pull of possibility and excitement through consumerism. haha. Yeah, so I upgraded a key piece of my racing bike today - the first time since I bought it mid-2006 - and I'm psyched to take it for a spin tomorrow to really give it a go.

You see, Performance Bike is having a sale (aren't they always?) on components and I couldn't resist the double-digit discount on some of their high-end offerings. So, I said to myself, why not go big and replace my crankset?

I replaced my crankset.

For some reason, the Performance Bike website doesn't show the discount for the model that I bought - the SRAM Force HCT Crankset w/ GXP Team Bottom Bracket - but when all was said and done (including a 10% SF Bike Coalition discount) it was 35% off the original price at the store downtown.. which still ends up being of lot of money, but, well, I'm amortizing the cost in my head from 2006 onwards. My corporate accountant would be proud.

And how can you put a price on shaving half a pound off your ride? ;) See you on the road!

No comments: