Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Never been so happy Mephistopheles is in town

Holy moses!

Avery Brewing is coming to San Francisco in a big way this coming week. According to What's on Tap, two tastings and a paired dinner for the brewery are planned (with the latter also featuring some Russian River brews - also a favorite).

August 28th: The Bistro (Hayward, CA), tasting
August 29th: Toronado (San Francisco, CA), tasting
August 31st: Cathedral Hill Hotel (San Francisco, CA), dinner

Check the details at:

http://www.beernewsletter.com/blog/?p=428

Yeah, so I think I'm going to try to get tickets for the Toronado tasting; my only hesitation is that this is going down on a Wednesday.. and I've had my ass kicked by some powerful, high-abv Avery brews before. One bottle of their Mephistopheles' Stout on an empty stomach will put you on your ass; in fact, just looking at the bottle - it's wicked! - could give you a buzz. And here, that 15.1% abv monster is just one of fifteen tasty treats they will be serving! Of course, I'm thinking it'll be a sipping night, but, still, those things add up.

But if anyone wants to go, let me know asap (these things sell out), and I'll be all over it. ;) UPDATE: I bought myself a ticket, so I guess I'll be trying to meet some beer-loving strangers this coming week..

No comments: