Saturday, August 25, 2007

Splash became hibiscus and jax (and splash)

Today, my kitchen is in the midst of a minor transformation, but one already paying dividends in the personal happiness department; it's amazing what simple pleasures can do for the psyche, huh? You see, I'm signing a new year-lease at my place on Monday and with that new permanence-ishness in mind, I'm doing a bit of reorganization, redecoration and the like (which will extend to my bedroom as well; we'll see about the other rooms).

I won't go into the details here because it seems a bit silly - beyond saying that I got a few new knives to hang on the wall; it's not like I'm constructing a deck or putting a urinal into the bathroom (which would be awesome); I'm moving shizz from one drawer to another, upgrading my bed, etc. But, suffice to say, there will be a party in a few weeks once the changes are in place and we (i.e. my new-ish roommate and I) are all settled.. if only because I haven't had too many parties at my place to begin with - I've been here at my "new place" a year already! - and, well, it's overdue. I just need to clear out my fridge (of good beer and local veggies) to fit a couple of cases of PBR in there. ;)

In semi-related news, I went to City Beer for the first time this evening with a friend, and, really, all I can say is that it was long overdue. Good scene; I brought home two bombers of the aforementioned Kill Ugly Radio from Lagunitas Brewing as a souvenir. And I can't wait to crack 'em open, tastefully, and one at a time, of course..

No comments: