Friday, August 24, 2007

Prancing nougat in the meadow

I've tried a lot of candy bars over the years; in fact, I go out of my way to do so when I'm galavanting around the world. And the ubiquitous Snickers bar (the orginal) is still my #1. Truth be told, every object of affection needs a creation myth:

Happy peanuts soar
over chocolate covered mountaintops
and waterfalls of caramel.

Prancing nougat in the meadow
sings a song of satisfaction
to the world..

The world.


Wow. You read this sort of thing and you almost feel like there is no hope for you, yourself, as a writer (especially when you write sentences like this one). Still, now that I know these lyrics (and music that goes with), I've got a new song to sing in the shower. In the meantime, can I help you enjoy (your next) Snickers? I believe that I can..

No comments: