Monday, October 8, 2007

I can tie a tie

I got a little duded up Saturday night and in doing so, had pulled out a bunch of my fancy pants, dressy jackets, and ties-so-nice to try on; one of 'dem fabulous Kitsune Maison compilations played in the background. In the end, though, I, of course, only wore one of each; the rest would be left for another night. So, on Sunday I looked at the mess of fabrics draped around my room (floor included), and dreaded the small chore of putting everything back on hangers, buttoned and pressed, for the next decadent outing.

And I did what anyone would do: I delayed the inevitable.

You see, I put on a nice Yves Saint Laurent shirt - one of the also-rans from the night before - and buttoned it straight to the top; a Countess Wara NY tie was pulled around my neck and knotted in a very standard Windsor knot. And it was cool enough outside to warrant the wearing of a Thierry Mugler 3-button jacket; and I did so - to stave off the chillies. The jacket is cut slim, with its arms at a nice length relative to my arms; such a ratio allows me to show off a nice silver-colored bracelet (which I had applied) or a French-cuffed shirt (which I had not).

In short, I was waaaay overdressed for going downtown and running a few errands (including one at the "new" mall). haha. Actually, I have been "dressing up" a little more lately - relatively speaking - for no real reason beyond just going out of the house. It's more than appropriate; I mean, the second-hand stores have been generous to me over the years (did you really think I was buying YSL new?), so why not put their, née, my, bounty of clothes to good use? I even had a touch of eyeliner on from the night before (that persevered through a post-Sunday-bikeride shower); how could I waste that fashion foundation? ;)

All that said, I love me some rolled up 514's, a cool tshirt and a no-logo hoodie; you're still more likely find me in that SF uniform more often than not. But it's nice to know I'm capable of other modes of presentation, right? See you on the runway..

ps. I cleaned up my room today; the clothes are back in the closet and waiting for the next time I do something exciting - like return a DVD at the library. haha.

No comments: