Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Swedish strain of electropop infection

I first saw this music video by director Johan Söderberg last week for the the Familjen single "Det Snurrar i Min Skalle" (don't ask me what it means en anglais), and thought it was clever, but it didn't blow my mind. However, I happened upon it again yesterday.. and can't get enough now; I've watched it over and over. This Swedish electropop is infectious!

See for yourself: http://www.discobelle.net/2007/09/16/familjen-video/

You may have come across another video for this song while watching MTV Sweden, but, while endearing (in its DIY quality), it does not match up against the Söderberg version (in my opinion), in terms of visual effect or sound quality. It's good for comparison though, and you may admire the group's fashion sense or dance moves.

UPDATE: I see Pitchfork likes this video too (and speak a little Swedish: they know what "Det Snurrar i Min Skalle" means en anglais).

No comments: