Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Boonville Beer Festival delicious this Saturday

Wow.. I can't believe this fell off my radar, but I just read that the annual Boonville Beer Festival is THIS SATURDAY. Too bad on the timing - I have a few other commitments this weekend - because it was really fun to go last year (my first and only time so far).

It's a straight-up beautiful day of all-you-can-drink delicious local California brews in a boisterous outdoor festival atmosphere. I've been to other brewfests before (including the mothership GABF in Denver), and Boonville's just left me with such a great impression of the microbrew scene in general. Simply, a great time with good peeps. Hedonist Beer Jive agrees (and provides some great reasons why BBF is hard to top).

In any case, if you have a chance, I highly recommend making it out to Boonville this weekend, a scant 2.5 hours north of San Francisco, especially if we continue this nice weather trend. You'll find yourself in an atmosphere where it's easy to get a little boisterous, and maybe little sloppy (but in a very good way). haha. Yeah, so on that note, be sure to arrange for a designated driver, or just plan to stay the night; there are plenty of hotels and B&B's in the area.. you can even camp right at the festival grounds for the ultimate in convenience (though I'll say nothing on the comfort of that option).

And remember, there is only one rule: DON'T drop your glass!

No comments: