Sunday, November 18, 2007

The bed says, c'est bon la vie

It's been a slower process than expected, but the evolution of my bedroom that started in September with light-taming drapes, followed by a dope walnut writing, née computer, desk (in October), continued this past weekend. You see, a new bed is mine. And it's pretty cool..

And it's also pretty funny. You see, I've had the same bed since I moved here to San Francisco - over five years ago now: a twin-long from those Swedish purveyors of alternate (and under appreciated) sleep systems, Dux. Yes, it wasn't a typical bed, in size or form - for example, it was relatively low to the ground - but it served me well.. even if I, *ahem*, got made fun of, on occasion, for having such a "small bed". No regrets!

That said, my new - queen-size! - upgrade is welcome (and, well, I admit.. perhaps overdue). The icing on this tasty cake of interior design is that the bed fits into my room layout better than I was expecting. Very cool!

C'est bon la vie, it seems, awake or asleep.. or any place in between.

No comments: