Monday, November 5, 2007

Going commando at the polls

I've never understood the appeal of "going commando", but found myself doing so, much to my chagrin, tonight. You see, I was heading over to a social gathering - which I'll talk about later - directly from the climbing gym and forgot to pack a clean pair of underwear (for a COLD post-shower dressing). So, I grunted a "frig" and applied 'dem jeans directly to my naked legs (and other parts). And I'm still not a fan; I was *ahem* glad when my bikerides (to/from party) were complete. But I digress; there are more important topics to discuss..

There is an ELECTION this Tuesday! November 6th, 2007.

Folks are expecting a low turnout, given that it is an "off year" for some of the sexier government positions at, say, the national level, but there are still plenty of local issues that demand your attention. In fact, the party I was at tonight was a so-called "Prop Party", where 11 of the folks, myself included (F represent!), presented an intro to each of the 11 Propositions (A-K) on the San Francisco ballot. It was a totally informal endeavor, and the crew (of about 20) was welcoming; if you would like to drink a beer, you could drink a beer.

After hearing the issues, and their pros and cons, here's my go at it:

Prop A - [YES]
Prop B - [YES]
Prop C - [NO]
Prop D - [YES]
Prop E - [NO]
Prop F - [YES]
Prop G - [NO]
Prop H - [NO]
Prop I - [NO]
Prop J - [NO]
Prop K - [NO]

(Check the SF Voter Information Packet for details.)

The mayor, district attorney and sheriff are also up for election, but there isn't much contention this year (in fact, one of the three incumbents is running unopposed). In any case, if you're not in San Francisco, but it's election day in your 'hood, be sure to check out your own local issues, and vote (yo).

No comments: