Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Help to find subletter, then August 1st lease?!

This is a public service announcement.. as in, I need the services of you, the public..

I would like to have someone sublet my room (of a 2BR) for June and/or July (or any parts thereof, prorated of course) while I'm off adventuring. But I'm not putting something on craigslist, because I'm really only open to an arrangement with friends or friends-of-friends. While I have heard murmurings of interest, nothing is definite, so let me know if you've got anything in mind. The timing is flexible as is the furnished/unfurnished status of the room; I'm a pretty negotiable guy..

On a related note, I'll be looking for a new apartment FOR MYSELF starting August 1st when my current roommate moves to NYC for grad school (congrats Jason!). He's the main tenant (with me as a subleasee); I could renegotiate a new lease, I'm sure, but figure after a year here, let me try someplace new. So, if you know of anyone looking for a roommate in the city around that time, or are interested in finding someplace fresh with me, let me know..

I do have a couple of preferences for an apartment in terms of location and features, but none are set in stone, per se; it's really the total vibe of the place - including roommates - that will make something work for me or not (not to mention the need to go with whatever is available at the time). That said, I've got a pretty standard list: hardwood floors, open layouts, lots of natural light, a bit of storage for bikes, and some degree of outdoor space would be nice; I'd like to find this apartment pretty much anywhere in the path of The Wiggle and neighboring environs, from the Panhandle down to the Mission and then southward to Bernal Hill (including NOPA, Western Addition, Alamo Square, Hayes Valley, Lower Haight, Castro, Mission, SOMA, etc.).

Yeah, any leads for a summer subletter or (more importantly) for an August 1st apartment are totally appreciated. We could even work out a finder's fee; no cash, but it could be paid in alcohol, teas, dinner, music, or other tasty treats..

1 comment:

moira said...

i hear bernal is a fantastic place to live, with wonderful neighbors!