Monday, May 7, 2007

I need a prescription for sasss caplets

Somehow it seems like a sleepy day, the city turned into a sleepy place; I may take a nap, in fact. The sun can't hide from my eyes, nor its rays from my scantily-clad skin; cloud cover is non-existent. I AM NOT COMPLAINING; bring on any and all repercussions (global warming notwithstanding) from these delicate doses of summertime that I only know from far away places (New England, ya heard). In fact, I would say to you, SUN, do not break out that tiny, 2oz medicinal measuring cap maybe taped behind the moon for our next photon-filled appointment. Pour that ooey-goodness directly from that bright yellow and tastefully sun-spotted bottle and we'll both be happy. Yes, it's a 70-something degree day in San Francisco - in San Francisco! - and what have you done to me?

Or, it could just be the hummus talking: I just chowed down on half a loaf of fresh-from-the-oven whole-wheat bread (yes, my oven!), with homemade hummus (yes, my home!). The secret is out and the secret is delicious; reservations open at noon and I take them daily, although you might have to bring your own ingredients. What do I do for work exactly?

Regardless of the reason, I laid down on my right side not too long ago and curled convexly and ever-so-slightly, in a position very similar to one I make when I *actually* sleep, but my Protestant ethic prevented me from submitting to the allures of dreamland for now. I mean, I have real problems trying to sleep at any time before 10pm, except, of course, if I'm operating on borrowed time from the night before (usually a chemical fueled decision, alcohol or otherwise), or under true physical duress (5 hour bikeride anyone, or a dance-a-thon?).

And although I did get some good drinking in (Booneville Beerfest) and a bit of outdoor activity (Pomo Canyon) this past weekend, they weren't in the type or quantity for me to let myself go (to bed) right now. Don't ask me about the exact nature of this logic - I would need a whiteboard, several doses of sasss (did you hear: they put sasss in caplets now), and everyone's bullshit detectors off (and cell phones while we're at it). But I can't imagine this proposed class actually happening; I could think of better ways to spend that time, especially if I've got a pocket full of sasss.

No comments: