Monday, May 21, 2007

Jeans, make thyself a quilt

Not quite a quilt, but my jeans sure do need a patching. Too many times a phone or flask found tucked into the once-tight and faded-blue fabric has worn the stitching beyond softly and into the realm of shredded non-existence. The wind, or another so bold, could reach through, so wily, to my defenseless front right pocket and further to my front right thigh. The tempting opportunity is seemingly presented forevermore - blue jeans don't heal themselves, as entropy is the way of the world - until, that is, my jeans make like a quilt, transformed on their own, or, more likely, with help; they sure do need a patching.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So if you come across any cool fabric patches, let me know. I got the thread and a bit of the know-how, but will always submit to good advice..

No comments: