Friday, May 11, 2007

Impulsive, and tickets appear before me

So it's late, and, well, I can be impulsive when it's late. I've got an open Tecate to my left (shizz - and I'm RIGHT handed!), red-hued and hecho'd in mexico, telling me to "go for it!!". Goddman it.. when has Tecate NOT told me to "go for it!!" - it really doesn't care what decision needs to be made, it back you the fuck up.. which is why I can overlook how NOT good a beer it is. Yes, nights at Delirium don't lie.

In any case, I just bought 2 tickets to the Austin City Limits Music Festival - I online'd that shizz - for September 14th-16th. The lineup has shaped up nicely; at a cursory glance, I'm wanting to check out these bands for reals:

LCD Soundsystem
Ghostland Observatory
The White Stripes
Bloc Party
Devotchka
Joseph Arthur and the Lonely Austronauts
The National

Although as the time grows closer and my musical knowledge increases, I'll add a few more to this list (which will hopefully include The Ike Reilly Assassination - I don't know anything about them, but the name is awesome). However, it'll be my first year at ACL, so I don't exactly know how the scheduling goes (i.e. how many venues/stages go on at any one time). But I hope me *wanting* to see bands equals me *actually seeing* bands. At the least, I'm a fan of Austin for the few times I've been there, for work or otherwise - SXSW in 2003!

Check it: ACL Music Festival 2007

Yeah, so I got 2 tickets already; I'll need at least one foolsome to take a ticket off my hands (and be ready to rock out). But I think this is up for discussion later in the summer? In the meantime, I've got a few musical recommendations if you're interested (ex. Pop Levi!)..

No comments: