Friday, May 25, 2007

What to do if not pack light?

One bag is off adventuring before me, spending the long weekend en-route to Brooklyn, where I'm sure, upon its arrival, it will have a fabulous 2.5 weeks of hipster summer during my time in Utah and then at my folks' in Alabama. We'll rejoin soon enough on the 13th - so lucky a date - and the gear-and-clothes-collected - I'll have my own sack of goodies - will play a massive and fabrical game of music chairs with me as puppet-master; I'm the only one who can hear the music. After all, and again, one bag will stay on in Brooklyn while I go on to explore the former Soviet Union with the second. We'll leapfrog back to San Francisco in a similar fashion; the bags will stay the same, but their insides will constantly change so-adaptable. I like this arrangement: no stranger as arranger; my own two hands are skilled..

I can do nothing if not pack light when required.

No comments: